PROF. DR. AMARENDRA NARAYAN MISRA
Dean (Academics) &
Professor & Head, Centre for Life Sciences
Professor, Plant Mol. Biol. & Biotechnol.,UniPune
Professor, Botany, Utkal University
Professor, Biosci. & Biotechnol., F.M. University
M.Sc. -1977 ; Ph.D. -1983 Berhampur University.
Post-Doc- JNU; Imperial College, London; IGER, UCW, UK
Research: 34 years
University Post-Graduate Teaching Experience: 29 years
Contact: Mobile:+91 9437295915 Email : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
|Area of Specialization
- Biochemistry, biophysics and molecular biology of photosynthesis.
- Biotechnology and molecular biology of adaptation of tropical plants.
- Biosensors, and Bioinformatics
||(127 total)(Journals- International 47, Indian 47, Book Chapters/Proceedings 25, ICAR Reports/ Agricultural Recommendations 5, Training Program for Agricultural Field Officers 3).
Ph.D. 8 (awarded); M.Phil. 9 (awarded); M.Sc. Botany 1999 to 2004 – 7; M.Sc. Biosciences 2004 to 2011. – 4; M.Sc. Biotechnology 2004 to 2011– 13, M.Tech. Biotechnology 2011– 3
|Honours & International Collaborations
- Prof. Umakant Sinha Memorial Award, Indian Science Congress, Association, 1996.
- INSA Visiting Fellow at BARC;
- DST-SERC Visiting Fellow at Dept. of Electronics & Dept. of Physics, UniPune.
- CEC & BOYSCAST Visiting fellow, Imperial College, London and AFRC-IGER, UCW,Wales;
- Visiting Scientist, University of Geneva, Switzerland;
- JSPS Visiting Fellow, University of Osaka, Japan;
- INSA Overseas Visiting Fellow, University of Krakow, Poland;
- Visiting Guest Researcher/Professor, University of Tokyo, Japan;
- DBT-Overseas Associate, University of Nevada, USA;
- DST-BAS collaborative research – Institute of Biophysics, BAS, Sofia, Bulagaria.
||11 International Journals, 3 Indian Journals
||21 International Journals, 5 Indian Journals
|Other Scientific Distinctions
FEBS travel fellowship 1991
Selected for CSIR Visiting Scientist 1989-90; USSR Govt. Post-Doctoral fellowship in Biophysics 1980-81 and 1981-82, and in Env. Biology 1990-91.
|Elected Life Member
||20 National and International Scientific Societies
Indian Botanical Society – FBS; Indian Society for Agricultural Biochemists – FISAB; Academy of Environmental Biology – FAEB; International Society for Tropical Crops Research and Development -FISTCRAD,
||The National Academy of Sciences (India) – MNASc
|Academic & Administrative Experiences
- Member Board of Studies: Botany-Utkal Univ. (1987-2004),-University of Pune(1997-99),-NEHU(since 2000); Biotechnology, Botany, Biosciences, FM University (2004-2011).
- 2004-2011 I/C Vice-Chancellor (periodically); 2004-2005 & 2010-2011 Chairman, Post-Graduate (PG) Council (Pro-Vice-Chancellor), & I/C Warden (Proctor), PG Hostels, & Member Syndicate; 2004-2011. Member Academic Council, & Member, Post-Graduate Council; 2006-2011 Co-ordinator, DBT-BIF; 2005-2009 Director, UGC-IMF, & Member AAAC committee; 2007-2011 Dean, Faculty of Sciences; 2007-2009 Warden (Proctor), PG Hostels; 2008-2011 Coordinator, DST-FIST Department
- Organized 3 day International Workshop on “Phenotyping and vitality testing of plants with JIP-test”. Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, India 23-25 October 2003 with Prof. R. Strasser, Univ. Geneva.
- Associate-Coordinator P.G. Course in Environmental Biology. Utkal Univ. July 2000- April 2001.
- UGC-Refresher Course in Env. Sci., FMU, Balasore 21 Sept.-11 Oct. 2004.
- BIF-BTBI of DBT since 2006-2011.& DST-FIST 2008-2011.
- National Seminar on “Biotechnology” 22 March 2007.
- Workshop cum Training on “Bioinformatics”, 24-25 March, 2007.
- Workshop cum Training on ‘Opto-analytical instrumentation’,26-31 March, 2007.
|Convenor cum Organizing Secretary
- National Seminar on “Biotechnology: prospects and potential in Orissa”, 20 March 2006.
- Workshop cum Training on “Basics of Bioinformatics”, 25-26March, 2008; “Phenomics”, 5-6 Dec. 2008.; “Bioinformatics and Systems biology”, 20-21 March, 2009.